Your gift to United Way of the Tanana Valley joins many other contributions to help 1 in 4 people who receive services from our Community Care Fund Partners. Through your generosity, we are able to support neighbors in our community who need help.
- Community Care Fund: United Way Partners with 20 local agencies who focus on education, income, and health- the building blocks for a good quality of life.
- Clear Minds, Bright Futures: United Way of the Tanana Valley is committed to helping prevent substance addiction in our community. Funds are awarded to organizations, working to create a lasting impact.
- Racial Equity Impact Grant: United Way of the Tanana Valley is committed to helping BIPOC organizations in our community. Funds are awarded to organizations, working to create racial equity opportunities and exhibit BIPOC focused initiatives.
- Supply Drives: Each year, United Way of the Tanana Valley partners with the local television station, KTVF, to put on a School Supply Drive, Coat Drive, and Christmas Toy Drive to benefit people in our community.
United Way also plays a leadership role in our community. We bring together companies, non-profits, labor unions and individuals to develop larger strategies and use the power of our collective impact to tackle ailments in the community.
Yes. You can make a contribution to any 501(c)3 organization of your choice by writing the name and address of the organization on your contribution form. A minimum gift of $50 per nonprofit is required. Economy of scale helps us effectively fundraise for multiple local nonprofits. Giving through United Way reduces costly and time-consuming fundraising efforts for those agencies, so their time can be spent helping community members.
Although part of a national movement focused on measurable community impact, United Way of the Tanana Valley is an independent nonprofit organization serving the Fairbanks North Star Borough. We pay dues to United Way Worldwide for which we receive membership as a United Way organization and other benefits such as training and NFL advertising. We operate autonomously— with the flexibility to address the specific needs of the Fairbanks area—while having the ability to draw on the best ideas of United Ways throughout the country.
United Way of the Tanana Valley has a 14% fundraising and gift processing fee for gifts designated to a specific nonprofit of your choice, enabling us to distribute donor–designated contributions to more than 200 nonprofit agencies.
United Way has a clear non-coercion policy, and discourages coercion in any form. Our community impact is made possible because so many people give voluntarily. Any semblance of pressure (whether real, implied or perceived) is contradictory to our operating standards. If you feel that you have been pressured to give, please contact your Employee Campaign Chairperson to express your concern, or contact our office at 907-452-7211
We provide financial support to nonprofits in four ways:
- Through our annual workplace campaign, we offer contributors the opportunity to direct their gift to the nonprofit organizations of their choice, with a minimum designation of $25.
- Through our Community Care Fund, we support local nonprofit partners based on an allocation process which takes place every two years.
- Through the Substance Abuse Initiative, we grant money to local nonprofits working to reduce substance addiction.
- Through our Racial Equity Impact Grant, we grant money to local BIPOC led and focused non profit projects and initiatives.