COVID-19 Nonprofit Agency & Organization needs
This list will be updated frequently, please check back often.
**AGENCIES ACCEPTING HOMEMADE FACEMASKS**
- Rescue Mission
- Interior Alaska Center for Nonviolent Living
- Love Inc. (Needs less than 10)
- The Breadline/Stone Soup Cafe
- The Warming Center at the JP Jones Center
FOUNDATION HEALTH PARTNERS
Fill out a donation form to coordinate pickup/delivery with the Fairbanks COVID19 Community Response Donations Team.
- Word-search, crossword, or Sudoku game books (NEW)
- Sweatpants (all sizes, NEW)
- Reading books (NEW)
- T-shirts (all sizes, NEW)
- 500 cloth masks for health care facility employees to wear OUTSIDE of work
- Mask-making supplies
- 50 toothpastes (NEW)
- 50 bottles of shampoo and conditioner (NEW)
- Deck of cards (NEW)
FAIRBANKS RESCUE MISSION
To deliver donations, the admin office is available at 723 27th Ave. The area is locked, so please knock and leave the items at the door M-F from 9am to 5pm.
Not currently accepting clothing or housewares (updated 5/7/2020)
- Men's deodorant
- Oral Thermometers
- Home-made Masks
- Plates, Cups, Utensils
- Milk & Eggs
- Hand sanitizer
- Men's underwear
- Women's bras
- Commercial toilet paper (as many as possible)
- Laundry detergent (any size)
BREADLINE/STONE SOUP CAFE
Available for donation delivery between 10AM-2PM M-F. 507 Gaffney Road.
- Canned beef stew and any kind of pasta!
- Water bottles
- Phone chargers, all types
FAIRBANKS YOUTH ADVOCATES (THE DOOR)
Donation deliveries can be dropped off at 138 10th Ave. Preferred drop off times are from 10am to 6pm, but their front door is always open and items can be placed just inside the door. If you have other items to donate, please call: (907) 374-5678
- USB and USBC phone chargers
- Clorox wipes
- Rolled paper towels
- Dish washing detergent (not for dishwashers)
- Assorted cold cereals (they have lots of Cheerios)
- Fresh/canned fruits and veggies
- Gift cards for groceries
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF ALASKA
- Continuing to process applications of volunteer adult Bigs via remote methods. Go to https://bbbsak.org to apply to be a Big (mentor for kids during a minimum of 1 year, 2-4 times a month)
THE SALVATION ARMY FAIRBANKS CORPS
Donations can be dropped off Monday - Friday at The Salvation Army at 1602 10th Ave from 10am - 4pm. Please knock on either entrance door and someone will come to help you.
- Items for bagged lunch program: bread, peanut butter, jelly, lunch meat, wrapped sliced cheese, individual bags of chips, cookies, crackers, Ziploc sandwich bags, and Ziploc snacks
Each family they serve has a different location. Business location is 1949 Gillam Way.
- Volunteers to deliver activity packets to students
- Normal federal funding diverted during COVID, so financial donations needed
Donations can be dropped off at the JP Jones Center 2400 Rickert St M-F from 1pm to 6pm
- Sliced cheese and easy-to-eat fruit (bananas, tangerines)
- Bottled waters (any kind)
- Snacks for lunches
- Baby wipes
- Men's and women's clothing, all sizes (t-shirts, coats, jeans, sweatpants, socks, tennis shoes) **please no formal attire**
- Toilet paper
- XL disposable gloves
- Men's and women's deodorant
- Individual packs of baby wipes
- Monetary donations to help with utilities that can be made through the Fairbanks Warming Center FB page
FAIRBANKS COMMUNITY FOOD BANK
Donate food using the Community Food Bank's Amazon Wish List.
WOOD CENTER FOOD PANTRY
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food donations
- USB thumb drives! Any size but the bigger the better!
- Donated laptops to fix up and pass out to local students who have a technology need for 'online-schooling'. Green Star Volunteers will wipe the hard drive and make necessary repairs.
Please drop laptops off in their new laptop donation dropbox at our 1101 Well St. warehouse location.