Nonprofit Agency & Organization needs
This list will be updated frequently, please check back often.
FAIRBANKS RESCUE MISSION
To deliver donations, the admin office is available at 723 27th Ave. The area is locked, so call first at 907-460-0305.
Surgical or N-95 masks
Games, books, and snacks for kids ages 5 or 6.
- Coffee pots, disposable plates, cups, and utensils.
- Arts and crafts supplies.
Items can be delivered to Love Inc. on 609 3rd Street. Call 452-3876 for an appointment.
- Needs $2,000 to house the remaining families in need with the Loving Families program. Donate at loveincfairbanks.org/donate
- Volunteers to help with foodbox deliveries on April 19th.
- Cleaning supplies and toiletry items to be distributed with food boxes.
FAIRBANKS YOUTH ADVOCATES (THE DOOR)
Donations can be dropped off at the shelter (138 10th Ave) in the entryway.
- Any personal protective equipment (PPE) - masks, gloves, etc.
- Arts supplies and games for youth.
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF ALASKA
- Continuing to process applications of volunteer adult Bigs via remote methods. Go to https://bbbsak.org to apply to be a Big (mentor for kids during a minimum of 1 year, 2-4 times a month).
THE SALVATION ARMY FAIRBANKS CORPS
Donations can be dropped off Monday - Friday at The Salvation Army at 1602 10th Ave from 10am - 4pm. Please knock on either entrance door and someone will come to help you.
- Items for bagged lunch program: bread, peanut butter, jelly, lunch meat, wrapped sliced cheese, individual bags of chips, cookies, crackers, Ziploc sandwich bags, and Ziploc snacks.
Each family we serve has a different location. Business location is 1949 Gillam Way.
- Volunteers to deliver activity packets to students.
- Normal federal funding diverted during COVID, so financial donations needed.
FAIRBANKS REENTRY COALITION/THE BRIDGE
Contact Brynn Butler at (907) 378-7923 to coordinate pick-up/drop-off for donations.
- Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, medical-grade masks, cloth masks, thermometers, infrared no-contact gun, nitrile gloves (S-M-L).
- Volunteer cooks and workers to provide dinner services at the JP Jones Center Warming Center.
- Dinner food staples
- Rain boots (mens and womens), rain gear (mens and womens), socks, and hats.
MIDNIGHT SUN COUNCIL, BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
- Replacement of camp truck
- Financial donations, as family presentation fundraising is not currently possible. Donations received by phone at (907) 452-1976, mail, or the donate button at https://www.facebook.com/midnightsuncouncil.